Click Here for Printable Document
Chaska Super Classic Girls Basketball Tournament Rules
High school basketball rules will be followed except as noted:
1. Grades 4 A/B/C and 5 B/C – No full court press or zone defense allowed. Help defense is allowed. First violation results in a warning. Second violation and all subsequent violations result in a technical foul.
2. Grade 5 A – Person to person pressing only. No zone defense allowed. Help defense is allowed. First violation results in a warning. Second violation and all subsequent violations result in a technical foul.
3. Grades 6, 7 and 8 – All defenses are allowed. Pressing is allowed.
4. 4th Grade Free throws – A Special free throw line will be marked at each court at the 12 ft line. All 4th grade players may attempt free throws from this line, but cannot cross this line during their shooting motion or a FT Lane violation will be called.
5. The ball size for all games in grades 5 through 8 is 28.5. For 4th grade we will use the 27.5 size ball per MYAS rules. The home team (team listed first on schedule) will supply the ball.
6. The home team will supply the official scorekeeper. Home team is the Top Team listed in the Bracket or the First Team listed in Pool Play.
7. A player will compete on only one team during the tournament.
8. A 5 minute warm-up is allowed before the game.
9. Attendance is required 15 minutes prior to your scheduled start time. Teams will be given a 5 minute grace period if not present at the scheduled game time. Teams that are not ready to play at the end of the grace period, with a minimum of 5 players, will forfeit the game.
10. The alternate possession rule will be used in all jump ball situations, with the exceptions of the beginning of the game and the beginning of each overtime.
11. Beginning with the 7th team foul of each half, free throws are one and one. On the 10th team foul of each half, a player will shoot two free throws.
12. For all grades, 14 minute stop time halves will be played with running time in the last 7 minutes of the 2nd half when one team is up by 20 or more points. Stop time starts again when the score differential is 15 points or less.
13. Pressing is not allowed when a team is up by 20 or more points. First violation results in a warning. Second violation and all subsequent violations result in a technical foul.
14. The half-time is 3 minutes.
15. Technical fouls are an automatic two points and possession of the ball. Technical fouls are counted as both individual fouls and team fouls.
16. Three point field goals will be counted only where there is a three point line on the gym floor. If the gym floor does not have a three point line, all shots from the field will count as 2 points.
17. Overtime: The first overtime will be 2 minutes. If the game is still tied at the end of 2 minutes, the second overtime will be sudden victory-the first to score wins. Exception: Championship games. All championships games will continue with 2 minute overtimes until there is a winner.
18. Each team is allowed 3 time outs per game. Time outs cannot be carried over into overtime. One additional time out is allowed if the game goes into overtime. No time outs are allowed in the second overtime.
19. Coaches are responsible for the actions of themselves, their players and their fans. Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Unsportsmanlike conduct may result in game and/or tournament forfeiture (tournament fees will not be refunded). Tournament directors reserve the right to refuse admission or remove from the tournament premises, any individual displaying inappropriate behavior.
20. No protests allowed. Referees will settle all disputes during the game.
21. Please do not allow your players to enter the court of play and shoot baskets during time outs and half time of games where you are not the participating team. This causes undue distractions to the teams competing at the time.
22. Inclement Weather. If hazardous weather conditions exist, please check our website at http://www.caybba.com for updates. If your game is not canceled and you do not show up for your scheduled game, you will incur a forfeit. No refunds will be provided if the tournament is cancelled or shortened because of hazardous weather conditions.
23. Players, coaches and fans must follow good sportsmanship rules. Inappropriate actions and/or words by coaches, players, and spectators will not be tolerated. Any player or coach that receives two technical fouls during any single game shall be ejected. Additionally, the referees shall have the right to eject any spectator that the referee feels is not demonstrating good sportsmanship. Any spectator ejected for any reason shall not be allowed to return for the remainder of the tournament. In the event of an ejection, the game will be stopped until the person(s) leaves. If they have not left after five minutes the game will be called and the coach’s, player’s, or spectator’s team will forfeit. Any coach or player picking up a third technical for any reason will be ejected for the remainder of the tournament.
Tie breakers for pool play:
1. Head-to-head record
2. Highest point differential (points scored minus points allowed) 15pt maximum per game
3. Coin toss
More than two teams tied
1. Head to Head Record
2. Highest point differential during tournament play. (points scored minus points allowed) 15pt maximum per game.
3. Coin toss
4. Once the first winning team has been determined, we take the remaining teams and repeat the tiebreaker process
5. This process is repeated until all finishing places are determined.
Rules updated on: January 13, 2020